The approximate cost for a four-week program excluding air fare and adventure tours and trips, is US$350-650, dependent on various factors and this covers accommodation, food and ground support.
Simply contact us via the email and we will respond within 24 hours, please note that once accepted into the program, you are required to pay a booking fee of $100 prior to your coming.
Program fees: – Placement booking fee: USD$ 100 paid in 2 weeks’ time upon acceptance into the program, our program is pretty popular, so try to book as soon as possible.
After the Volunteer Coordinator has accepted you into the project, then you will have to pay a non-refundable booking fee. Since we started, the numbers of volunteers applying has increased time and again. Unfortunately only a third of those who promise that they will come, have in fact come. The wastage in Volunteer Coordinator’s time and the fact that volunteers who could have come are sometimes refused due to holding the space for someone else who didn’t turn up, has forced us to implement this policy.
We hope that by implementing this policy of the non-refundable booking fee only serious volunteers will thus secure the chance to volunteer in our projects. The booking fee will go towards paying for communication expenses incurred by the Coordinators to keep in touch with you and the projects.
1 week- USD$350
2 weeks- USD$400
3 weeks- USD$550
4 weeks- USD$650
The program fees can be paid upon arrival for proper preparations of your placement.
Additional Fees:USD$ 97.5 Airport pickup for arrival to Kampala Capital City and bus ticket from Kampala Capital City to the western region paid upon arrival and later a similar amount will be paid on a return journey.
Program fees covers:
- Pre-service (e.g. culture, health talk, program orientation, training etc);
- 1 day sight-seeing guide around Kampala or Jinja, Equator, world heritage sites, (e.g. game parks, zoos, museums, rivers etc)
- Accommodation, Laundry and food during placement with a host family or Guest house (3 meals a day);
- Transportation to the project site in Western Uganda
- Regular follow up support / visit (1-2 week interval) by UVRC’s staff
- Support for local staff and volunteers;
When a volunteer arrives in Uganda our Coordinator meets them at the airport and brings them to our office for orientation place in Western Uganda. From that point our volunteers spend between 1 to 3 days in our orientation program. This training provides volunteers with a very detailed understanding of how to be acquainted in Uganda’s Life and culture.
The program fee excludes the following:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee
- Transportation during weekends travel
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc);
- Internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staff and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Uganda pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $50-100 to cater for all your other expenses.
Accommodation provided with a local host family. Family home has electricity. Volunteers have their own sleeping quarters with bed and bedding. With rural communities, there is no indoor plumbing. Outhouse facilities at the home, and fresh water available for boiling and bathing. All programs are within walking distance from the host family. Three local meals per day are provided. Airport picks up and drops off at Entebbe airport. UVRC Volunteers Project Coordinator will provide orientation tour on arrival, project briefing, an introduction to work placement and local host family.